NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - The City of North Myrtle Beach Parks & Recreation Department is proud to announce their annual Summer Concert Series will begin on Thursday, June 1st. This popular program consists of two series; Music on Main and Sounds of Summer. Music on Main takes place every Thursday on Main Street at the Horseshoe at 11 S. Ocean Blvd, NMB.
Sounds of Summer is scheduled the third Friday of each month at the North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex Amphitheater located at 150 Citizens Circle, Little River. Each concert is scheduled from 7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m., is free to the public, and features different bands.
The Music on Main concert series, sponsored by CCNB, will begin on Thursday, June 1st with live musical entertainment provided by The Entertainers. Throughout the concert series, people can expect an incredible variety of hits spanning from beach, Motown, R&B, and dance music. Families are encouraged to enjoy downtown North Myrtle Beach to delight in the sounds of a live band on Main Street and visit local restaurants. Grab an ice cream cone, a burger, a slice of pizza, or whatever your heart desires!
Music on Main Concert Series:
- Thursday, June 1 The Entertainers
- Thursday, June 8 Chairman of the Board
- Thursday, June 15 Southside Saints
- Thursday, June 22 Catalinas
- Thursday, June 29 Rivermist
- Thursday, July 6 Gary Lowder & Smokin Hot
- Thursday, July 13 The Main Event Band
- Thursday, July 20 Too Much Sylvia
- Thursday, July 27 Embers featuring Craig Woolard
- Thursday, August 3 Band of Oz
- Thursday, August 10 The Tonez
- Thursday, August 17 Jebb Mac
- Thursday, August 24 Tru Sol
- Thursday, August 31 Cat5
- Thursday, September 7 Jim Quick and Coastline
- Thursday, September 14 Black Glass
- Thursday, September 21 The Tams
- Thursday, September 28 Thomas Road Band
The Sounds of Summer concert series, sponsored by Food Lion, will begin on Friday, June 16th with a Journey Tribute Band, Don’t Stop Believing. Locals and visitors alike are invited to these free concerts to enjoy a night with their family and friends listening to live music under the stars at the NMB Park & Sports Complex Amphitheater.
Sounds of Summer Concert Series
- Friday, June 16 Don’t Stop Believing (Journey Tribute Band)
- Friday, July 21 Swinging Medallions
- Friday, August 18 Paul Grimshaw Band (Tribute to Van Morrison and James Taylor)
- Friday, September 15 Karen as Dolly (Dolly Parton Tribute)
Concert goers are encouraged to bring a beach chair. For more event and program information visit www.parks.nmb.us or follow us on Facebook at NMBParksandRec.