NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- The City of North Myrtle Beach will once again host a free Fourth of July fireworks show at the Cherry Grove Pier. The event is scheduled from 9:30 p.m. through 10 p.m. on July 4, 2022.
For anyone planning to enjoy the free, professional fireworks show, please be aware of the following information regarding traffic plans and other rules.
- Show starts at 9:30 p.m. and ends at 10 p.m.
- Operating a golf cart after daylight hours is prohibited by South Carolina state law. Daylight hours are defined by the SC Code of Laws as 6 a.m. through 8 p.m. during Daylight Saving Time.
- The sale, possession or use of fireworks in the city limits of North Myrtle Beach is prohibited. (The Cherry Grove Pier fireworks display is a permitted professional event.)
- During the fireworks show, the 3500 block of North Ocean Boulevard (area where Cherry Grove Pier is located) is closed.
- Parking is not allowed in the median on Ocean Boulevard.
Following the fireworks show public safety personnel will initiate a reverse traffic pattern in Cherry Grove in order to accommodate the large number of vehicles leaving the Cherry Grove area. During traffic reversal the following will occur:
- Ocean Boulevard traffic will not turn onto Sea Mountain Highway but will move northbound and southbound only.
- Drivers will access Highway 17 North via 11th Avenue North.
- All southbound traffic on Nixon Street and Duffy Street will make a right-hand turn onto Sea Mountain Highway.
- All eastbound traffic on Sea Mountain Highway will turn right at Duffy Street and proceed to Ocean Boulevard via 22nd Avenue North.
- Once fireworks show traffic has exited the Cherry Grove area, public safety personnel will initiate a return to normal traffic patterns.
Please be patient and exercise caution entering and exiting the Cherry Grove area prior to, during and immediately following the July 4th fireworks display. It is a very popular event and traffic congestion can be very heavy.